- Camhs/Mental Health Survey: This is a forum Survey to help us gather information to aid our position around the NHS England Long Term Plan. This consultation runs from the 29th July to the 27th September
- SEND financial arrangements 2019 (Call For Evidence): This call for evidence intends to focus on understanding how current funding is distributed, including how it enables mainstream schools to make provision for their pupils with additional needs, and on improvements that could be taken forward in future.
The National Network of Parent Carer Forums (NNPCF) would like to understand the views and experiences of parent carer forums and the impact that pressures on SEN funding is having on our communities of families.This consultation is now closed.
- Children not in school: This is a follow-up to the consultation and call for evidence on elective home education held in 2018. It is looking for views on the proposed legislation to create a register maintained by local authorities of children not attending mainstream schools, together with associated duties on parents and certain educational settings. It is also looking at proposed legislation to establish a duty to support parents who educate children at home and seek support from their local authority in doing so. This consultation is now closed.
Responding to national consultations and Calls for Evidence is an important role for the NNPCF. In doing so the Steering Group draws upon the experiences of parent carers from local forums and regional network meetings working together to effect local and national service improvement through participation and co-production.
Whenever we formulate a consolidated response to any national consultation, we publish them here. Whilst we cannot be aware of every consultation taking place in each Local Authority, we aim to keep up to date with what is happening at a national level.
From time to time we will make parent carers, parent carer forums, and our regional networks aware of any national consultations, including links to them, via email or through our social media platforms as well as posting those information requests on this page.
Current open consultations:
National response in development:
Other consultations that PCFs may want to respond to or share with their communities:
- National Audit Office Inquiry (December 2018)
- Reviewing the outcomes and support of Children in Need
- Independent Advice & Support Minimum Standards Consultation
- NNPCF Response to Post 18 Education Call for Evidence (May 2018)
- NNPCF School Exclusions Review Response (May 2018)
- NNPCF Consultation Response on the Social Work England: Consultation on Secondary Legislative Framework (March 2018)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Children and Young People Mental Health Green Paper (February 2018)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to Department of Transport Blue Badge Eligibility Consultation (February 2018)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to Working Together to Safeguard Children: Changes to Statutory Guidance (December 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Learning Disability and Challenging Behaviour Draft Guideline (November 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response – Reformed Functional Skills Mathematics and English Subject Content (October 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response – Returning to Work after Time out for Caring (October 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the London Mayor’s Vision for London (September 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the London Assembly SEND Investigation (September 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Rochford Review Recommendations (June 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Exclusions Guidance (April 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Child Abuse and Neglect Draft Guideline (April 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Child and Family Social Work National Assessment and Accreditation System (March 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Lenehan Review of Experiences and Outcomes in Residential Special Schools and Colleges (March 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the High Needs Funding Reforms – Stage 2 (March 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Schools National Funding Formula – Stage 2 (March 2017)
- NNPCF-Response-to-Government-Consultation-on-an-Early-Years-National-Funding-Formula (March 2017)
- NNPCF Consultation Response to the Work, Health and Disability Green Paper: Improving Lives (February 2017)
- NNPCF Response to the Children and Young People Mental Health Green Paper (February 2017)
- NNPCF Consultaion Response to the Commons Select Committee Inquiry: Children and Young People with Mental Health issues – role of education (January 2017)
- NNPCF Briefing Paper on the Ofsted and CQC SEND Inspection Frameworks (January 2016)
- NNPCF Response to Department for Education Consultation – Schools that work for Everyone (November 2016)
- NNPCF Response to NHS England Mandate (November 2015)
- NNPCF Response to Department of Education SEN Funding Consultation (February 2015)
- NNPCF Revised Code of Practice Consultation Response (May 2014).
- NNPCF Draft Code of Practice Consultation Response (December 2013). Many thanks to all of the parent carer forums who contributed their time, energy and effort into submitting individual, and forum responses and providing your feedback to inform this response.
- Summary Report – Code of Practice Consultation (July 2013). See the appendices. This summary report follows on from a small event held at the Department for Education on the 8th of July 2013, where parents and carers were invited to share their thoughts, concerns and suggestions with the Department about the indicative Code of Practice. It also takes in to account feedback collated from questionnaires sent all parent carer forums on the same subject.
- Statutory guidance for supporting pupils with medical conditions (March 2014)
- Children and Young Peoples Health Outcomes Forum (August 2012)
- Consultation Response Form Auxiliary Aids for Children with Disabilities (December 2011)
- Response to Department for Education Green paper – Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (June 2011)
- Response to Department for Works and Pensions – Disability Living Allowance Reform (February 2011)
- Response to Care Quality Commission on monitoring and improving services for disabled children and their families (February 2011)
- Response to Department for Education Green paper – Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – Call for Views (October 2010)
- Response to Department of Health – Achieving equity and excellence for children (October 2010)