Headlines from the NNPCF Steering Group meeting – October 2014
October 23, 2014
Children and Families Minister Edward Timpson came today to speak with the Steering Group.
- There is a continued Government commitment to supporting implementation of the SEND reforms at a local level.
- The Minister identified Parent Carers experience and feedback will be a key element of this.
- The Steering Group raised concerns from the regions about the cuts in short breaks and challenges that local areas are experiencing. The Minister has asked for evidence about this.
- The Steering Group raised some of the positive experiences that have been shared by the membership, and some of the challenges that are being experienced.
- The Steering Group asked the Minster about future support for forums and local areas. The Minister stated that he will confirm the position as soon as he is able to.
- We raised a number of issues that regions have passed on including concerns about Early Years, the transition reviews of CYP with LDAs, the involvement of social care, which we will be following up in more detail.
- The Steering Group reviewed the feedback from the AGM about future of NNPCF and how forums would like to see the NNPCF progress forward in the future.
- Sheila Davies from Contact a Family came to talk about where forums are with Health at moment and the Steering Group feedback on issues that have been raised by regional representatives with regards to engagement.