Presentations from the 2013 Contact a Family/NNPCF National Parent Carer Participation Event at Birmingham’s NEC
July 19, 2013
At the very successful Parent Carer Participation Event on 18th March at Birmingham’s NEC, forums from across England joined together for the opportunity to discuss learning from the Pathfinder Forum Areas, plans for the Local Offer and to hear about what is happening with the participation of Disabled Children and Young People. Key note speakers included representatives from the Department for Education and Department of Health, and Epic, as well as updates from the NNPCF and Contact a Family.
Questions and Responses from the National Parent Carer Participation Learning Event March 2013 from Department for Education and Department of Health 12 06 13
View a highlights video and filmed presentations from the day here.
View and download the presentations from the day below
- Department for Education’s Matt Foulds presentation
- Department of Health’s Gareth James presentation and Handout on NHS Reforms
- National overview of the development of Parent Carer Participation in England 2011-12 from Contact a Family
- Working with Clinical Commissioning Groups with Sheila Davies Health Parent Participation Manager Contact a Family and Top Tips on Introducing yourself to Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG)
- Council for Disabled Children Assistant Director Helen Wheatley’s presentation
- Justin Simon’s presentation on finding form the Parent Carer Forum Pathfinder areas
- Presentation from EPIC