Today’s announcement from the Deparment for Education
August 15, 2014
The Department for Education has today made 3 significant announcements. You can read the full press release here.
1. The Department have now published the following six SQW evaluation reports:
- Understanding the comparative costs of delivering the Education, Health and Care (EHC) planning and SEN Statementing processes for newcomers to the SEND system, April 2014.
- Qualitative Research with Families (Second cohort), March 2014.
- Collaborative working with Health, May 2014.
- Collaborative working with Social Care, May 2014.
- Engagement of schools, April 2014.
- Transition and the engagement of post-16 providers, April 2014.
All six reports are now available to download here.
2. The Parents’ Guide to the SEN and disability reforms has also been published today.
This is now available to download and includes, as an annex, a note on transitional arrangements from the old to the new system.
3. The launch of an Early Support App, produced by CDC.
The App is an easy way for parents and carers of children and young people with SEN or disabilities to store, share, and organise information about their child and the support and services they receive. It enables families to choose what information to upload, and with whom they want to share information. You can access the App here.